Adventure game: Spirit of Christmas

Discussions related to graphics (2D and 3D), animation and games programming
DDRM
Administrator

Adventure game: Spirit of Christmas

Post by DDRM » Sun 23 Dec 2018, 17:49

Hi folks,

I have sort-of finished my entry for the Syntaxbomb competition: you can find it on David Williams "proggies" site:

http://www.proggies.uk/progs/zip/soc.zip

There is a Windows exe there, which should run free-standing. It isn't signed, and throws a warning when you try to run it. I should also say it threw a virus warning when David downloaded it - and even when he recompiled the source - but it passed two other checkers.

The source code is also provided in a separate folder: a BASIC file plus three supporting text files, which need to be in the same folder. If you are worried about the virus warnings, this way you lot can presumably avoid it!

The source code is NOT pretty, and is not an example of good practice: for example, globals don't all have capital letters. If I have copious free time I MAY tidy it, but probably not before Christmas..

Hope it's of interest to some, or at least a bit of a laugh over Christmas, but I'm not holding my breath....

Anyway, have a good Christmas!

D

Re: Adventure game: Spirit of Christmas

Post by guest » Wed 26 Dec 2018, 00:45

DDRM wrote:
Sun 23 Dec 2018, 17:49
I have sort-of finished my entry for the Syntaxbomb competition: you can find it on David Williams "proggies" site
I gather that you are guaranteed at worst third place! :D

p_m21987

Re: Adventure game: Spirit of Christmas

Post by p_m21987 » Thu 27 Dec 2018, 20:27

Nice work.