Combined forums for BBC Basic and BBC Basic for Windows

Here you can suggest additions and modifications to BB4W or BBCSDL
RNBW

Combined forums for BBC Basic and BBC Basic for Windows

Post by RNBW » Tue 17 Apr 2018, 10:37

Richard/David
Not a suggestion. A pat on the back.
Might I just say thank you for getting together and producing a combined forum for BBC Basic. Having the links to the old forums is superb.
Also the link to Rosetta Code is very useful.
Ray

Re: Combined forums for BBC Basic and BBC Basic for Windows

Post by guest » Tue 17 Apr 2018, 11:09

RNBW wrote:
Tue 17 Apr 2018, 10:37
Might I just say thank you for getting together and producing a combined forum for BBC Basic.
I suspect there are several people who were members of the old BB4W forum who refuse to join this one. There is certainly one who is on record as saying he would never join 'my' forum, and his loss is serious. Two other 'expert' users that I can think of have not appeared here. I was warned that creating the new forum and wiki under my control would alienate some potential members, but because of Conforums giving so little notice of their closure I didn't feel I had much alternative.

Richard.

DDRM
Administrator

Post by DDRM » Tue 17 Apr 2018, 12:27

Thanks for the kind words, Ray.

I too hope a shared forum will work out well, and that perhaps some of those who have not chosen to be members of Richard's "cross-platform forum" will reconsider, and offer their support on this one. At least one of those has played a key role in helping with the "mirror" of the old site, so fingers crossed!

Best wishes,

D

Post by guest » Tue 17 Apr 2018, 12:47

DDRM wrote:
Tue 17 Apr 2018, 12:27
so fingers crossed!
Indeed. I am pleased with the total number of members that we have acquired already (158 at the last count) which hopefully will have given some food for thought to those who have been pessimistic about user numbers. Also, for the first time in quite a while, the total number of sales of BBC BASIC for Windows actually rose slightly last (financial) year, no doubt in part because of the recent publicity in Computer Shopper:

KenDown

Post by KenDown » Tue 26 Jun 2018, 21:13

Congratulations on the increased sales and on the very positive review. The only (minor) gripe is that I can't get straight to this from the "Help" of BB4W. Is there any way we can code the new address in or do we need to download an update (and is there an update incorporating this)? Likewise with the Wiki, though curiously it is possible - at least at present - to click on the Wiki item in the Help menu and get taken to a page from which a click will take me to the current wiki.