Something fun I made with BBCSDL

Here you can talk about anything related to BBC BASIC, not covered in another category
Post Reply
Patrick M
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon 02 Apr 2018, 21:51

Something fun I made with BBCSDL

Post by Patrick M » Thu 14 Jun 2018, 20:23


I thought I'd post this here since I made it using BBCSDL.
I took a photo of one of my friends, and made a program that takes 8 separate audio tracks and measures the amplitude of each of them, and then represents the amplitudes of each channel by changing the length of my friend's neck, and then saves a screenshot using *SCREENSAVE.
Then it's trivially easy to take the screenshots and combine them into a video.

The music is taken from a Super Nintendo game. I split the track into its 8 individual parts (the super nintendo can play a maximum of 8 sounds at once time) and fed each part into my program.


Post Reply