R. T. RUSSELL
Programmable Colour Test Card Generator
This self-contained hardware unit stores a test card image (or any colour still picture) plus four teletext pages,
and outputs them as a 625-line baseband PAL composite video signal.
Although supplied pre-programmed with the test card image shown
below, a software program is included (compatible with Windows 98, Me, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 8.1)
which allows the user to reprogram the generator with any image and text pages of his choosing!
The generator has the following features:
- Digital storage, using 12 MHz sampling and 8-bits linear coding.
- 'Mathematical' PAL coding, ensuring compatibility with all 625-line PAL equipment.
- Stores one still frame (8-field PAL sequence) and four teletext pages with Fastext links.
- Integral vertical-interval test signal (pulse and bar).
- Integral line 23 Wide Screen Signalling.
- Supplied pre-programmed with colour test card and informative text pages.
- User programmable using Windows™ software supplied (see below).
- Baseband video output, suitable for feeding a monitor, VCR or TV.
- Approximate size, excluding connectors, 130 x 65 x 25 mm. Weight 140 g.
- Output on 75 ohm BNC connector. BNC-phono adaptor supplied.
- Supplied with a 230 Volt 'plug top' AC mains adaptor.
- Alternatively may be powered from 9 Volts DC at approximately 150 mA.
- Additionally supports 180, 405, 441, 525 and 819-line operation.
The supplied software lets you do the following:
Note that a fully-wired serial port extension cable (9-pin male-female) is required for
programming the generator. This is not supplied.
- Erase the image stored in the generator.
- Reprogram the generator with any BMP, JPEG, GIF or raw YUV image.
- Load, save, compose and edit the teletext pages (including sixel graphics).
- Select colour (PAL, NTSC) or monochrome output.
- Enable or disable teletext, Fastext and insertion test signals.
- Program the Fastext coloured buttons.
- Configure or disable the line 23 Wide Screen Signalling.
- Select 625, 405, 441, 525, 180 or 819-line operation.
SORRY, SOLD OUT!
The Test Card Generator costs £123.37 including VAT (£100.00 plus £5.00
postage and packing plus VAT). You can pay using any of the following methods:
Send a cheque or money order, made payable to R. T. Russell, to this address:
R. T. Russell
- Pay using a credit card via PayPal.
If you want to use this method contact me by one of the following means and I will
arrange for a PayPal invoice to be forwarded via email:
Tel: 01366 386281 (international +44 136 638 6281)
Fax: 01366 387486 (international +44 136 638 7486)
- Transfer the money directly to our bank account.
If you want to use this method contact us
for our bank details.
- Wire the money using Western Union Money Transfer
Note that the units
are manufactured to order; please enquire for current availability and allow up to
two weeks for delivery.
The current version of the programming software is 3.2f. You can
download the software, either to update your existing version
or to try it before you purchase the generator.
For more information about the Test Card Generator see the
online manual, which is also supplied with the
© Richard Russell 2015