Change to access: need to be logged in.

New releases of BB4W and BBCSDL, and other updates, will be announced here
DDRM

Change to access: need to be logged in.

Post by DDRM »

Unfortunately, the monthly bandwidth limit on the bbcbasic.co.uk site has been getting exceeded, thus making the in-browser edition of BBC BASIC unavailable, which Richard considers unacceptable, for obvious reasons. Richard believes that this is due to bots regularly harvesting the entire forum site. In an attempt to avoid this, I propose to make pages unavailable unless you are logged in.

While I regret this, it's better than closing down the forum altogether, which appears to be the alternative. We hope that it should not prove too onerous, since by default you will remain logged in (once you are!), unless you specifically choose to log out.

Assuming I can find the relevant settings page, this will probably happen towards the end of the week.

Best wishes,

D

Ivan

Re: Change to access: need to be logged in.

Post by Ivan »

Hi DDRM,

Fine by me.

I can't do without this site. It's much easier to find a specific subject.

Regards,

Ivan
BBC Model B - 1984-1989. 6502 assembler, Unicomal 1988-1994, Some C and C++, Pascal 1990-1994. Bought a copy of BBC-BASIC 2007, but started to program at a daily basis 2019.

DDRM

Re: Change to access: need to be logged in.

Post by DDRM »

Just a reminder that you need to be logged in to see topics other than this one!